Located in the heart of Europe and benefiting from highly developed transportation infrastructures, Eastern France is strategically located for the development of logistics activities.
- 4 European corridors on the Eastern France territory
- 24 to 72 hours to link the major European seaports by river or rail shuttles
- 85 000 km of roads
- 2 300 km of highways
- 3 960 km of railway line
- 7 wide gauge public river ports
- 6 freight airports
- more than 5,500 transport and logistics companies.
Eastern France, a unique location in Europe
The only French region surrounded by four frontiers – Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Switzerland – but also by the most important European markets.
With access to four different modes of transportation, Eastern France benefits from a unique combination of advantages. Its location and geografical characteristics connects the territory with road, rail, river and air transport:
- Ports of the Rhine (Mulhouse, Colmar, Strasbourg), Mosel (Nancy, Metz), Meuse (Givet), Seine (Nogent)
- Freight airports of Vatry and Mulhouse
- East-west motorways A33, A4 and A5, north-south axes A35/36, A31, A26
- TGV East line, Bettembourg-Barcelona piggyback rail freight service
Our Region also offers present and future companies a sophisticated network of players to join, supported by nearly 300,000 m2 of new or rehabilitated warehouses.
Eastern France, a major European logistic base, linked to 4 TEN-T freight corridors
Education and training: an offer adapted to the sector
Eastern France provides nearly 800 training courses in logistics ranging from CAP to master’s degree or beyond. Thanks to them, more than 4,500 people gain access to transportation and logistics jobs every year.
The AFT, the Association for the Development of Training in Transport and Logistics, helps companies, students and jobseekers to discover the professions of this field and find the training courses adapted to their needs. (www.choisis-ton-avenir.com)
Transportation and logistics companies have chosen Eastern France
By choosing Eastern France, you are opting for a location that can meet your company’s needs and provide you with the support, ecosystem and resources needed to facilitate your establishment and optimise your logistics challenges. Those following recognised players in the sector have set up in the region: