The digital sector in Eastern France
As a leading sector in Eastern France, the digital sphere has strong representation and support. Companies, startups, incubators, training: everything is deployed to encourage your establishment.
- 9,000 companies including 1,500 startups
- 34,000 jobs including 30,100 employees
- 10,000 researchers
- 24 university training programmes
Eastern France’s ambitious digital ecosystem
Eastern France has a large network of entrepreneurs in the digital sector, ranging from large internationally renowned companies, to startups & scale-ups in full effervescence. Support is provided by incubators, the regional accelerator and numerous associations such as Grand Est Numérique, some of which have cross-border collaborations.
The Region has high-performance infrastructures in the field of fibre optics, data centres and operators, and has a supercomputer, Romeo, with 1 petaflop/s available to companies. Eastern France is also part of a European dynamic via its Grand Est Artificial Intelligence Plan, the Grand Est Business Act and its active participation in the European EDIH and GAIA-X projects.
Training and research: a diverse and efficient supply
There are major engineering schools present in the territory, including ENSISa, Neomia, SupdeWeb…In addition, 33 courses hold the “Grande école du numérique” label.
Eastern France and its border area have one of the highest concentrations of R&D laboratories in Europe, particularly in the computer science, imaging, AI and robotics sectors.
2023 events of digital sector not to be missed in Eastern France!
- 23 March 2023 : Solainn in Troyes, B2B meetings on Digital France
- 24. /26. März 2023 : Hacking Health in Strasbourg, the largest health hackathon in the world
- 22/23 June 2023 : 360 Grand Est in Strasbourg, an unmissable event for innovation and growth in the Grand Est region
- 28/30 June 2023 : Plug&start in Troyes, 72 hours to test your digital projects and learn the keys to entrepreneurship
- September 2023 : #GEN in Metz, the business and digital event of Eastern France
- October 2023 (date and venue to be confirmed): A.I_now in Metz, event dedicated to artificial intelligence
- November 2023 : Hacking Industry Camp in Strasbourg, an accompanying course and a 72-hour hackathon to stimulate innovation in the industry sector
- November 2023 : Be4.0 in Mulhouse, Industry of the Future event
You can also find on our dedicated page all the fairs that Invest Eastern France will attend this year, do not hesitate to contact us if you want to organise an exchange on these occasions!