The Vosges, vast and open-minded
Straddling the Alsatian and Lorraine territories, the Vosges massif is not lacking in assets for business.
The Vosges area is structured around four medium-sized towns with strong personalities.
The town of Epinal is the capital of the department and is particularly oriented towards industry, especially in Golbey, where there is a Michelin factory.
Epinal employment area
Located in the middle of the mountains, Saint-Dié-des-Vosges is resolutely turned towards nature, tourism and activities linked to sustainable development.
Saint-Dié-des-vosges employment area
Textiles, and in particular quality household linen, have ensured Gérardmer’s reputation. But the town, nestled on the edge of its lake, has other assets, essentially linked to the surrounding nature.
It owes its reputation to its nearby wine route and its tourist attractions, but Colmar also has an interesting business community.
Colmar employment area
Infrastructures and connections
Despite being a mountain area, the Vosges are very accessible and well served thanks to a real desire for territorial development.
- Major roads linking the Vosges with the cities of Eastern France (N59 Strasbourg<Saint-Dié-des-Vosges-Nancy, A35 Mulhouse Colmar Strasbourg)
- Efficient passes and tunnels with heavy traffic (Schlucht Pass, Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines tunnel).
Economic sectors, research and education
Forest industry, paper, furniture… the region has always known how to take advantage of the formidable nature that makes it up. The Vosges mountains are also very active in the food industry.
- Very active emblematic and excellent sectors: wood, paper and cardboard, textiles
- Strong presence of automotive equipment manufacturers
- Fibre campus in Epinal with, in particular, the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Technologies et Industries du Bois (ENSTIB)
- Concentration of laboratories and R&D in textiles, paper, rapid prototyping and tooling, etc.
They have chosen the Vosges
Tourism and quality of life in the Vosges
The Vosges is first and foremost a preserved, rejuvenating nature that inspires serenity. You only have to sit on the edge of one of the many lakes that dot the massif or walk along its paths to be convinced.
The area is also very well known for the quality of its thermal spas. Nestled in the heart of the massif, they welcome curists and tourists for health stays but also for the beauty of their infrastructures.
And for winte sport lovers, the Vosges ski areas are as welcoming as they are spectacular. Slopes that wind through the heart of the forests, family resorts adapted to all budgets: the Vosges mountants get off the beaten track to put nature at the heart of winter sports.
- Culture: Bussang theatre, Epinal pictures, Gérardmer international fantasy film festival
- Gastronomy: 1 Michelin starred restaurant, munster cheese, blueberries
- Leisure, nature and sport: wine route (Haut-Rhin and Bas-Rhin), skiing and hiking, Nigloland and Fraisperthuis theme parks.